Sunday, January 2, 2011

The Why's

Someone asked why the design of my blog has been revamped this way.

Emmm...perlu ada sebab ke nak tukar tukar design?

But the person who asked me has a sharp eye...everything I do, write...has a reason.

The design of this blog is no exception.

 -  I changed the picture of my profile to depict just me instead of me and Aries because I realised that Aries does NOT define me as a person, mother or wife... I do.. and I can stand on my own and that I am stronger than I thought. I learned this fact just this year. It was something hard for me to realise as we have been together for almost 4 years (lived together for 2 years) before marriage and have been married for 3 years. It is easy to get swallowed up by your other half (moulding your time, ideas of happiness and sense of self and ...your views on life basically). I have vowed to myself this year to NEVER let that happen to me again (it was happening, slowly without me realising).

-  I put a pic of Aries putting my wedding band (which has since been replaced by my triple excellent...hehe) on my finger but without our faces shown because... I want to remind myself that I am a married woman and that I am committed to make this marriage work. I  want to emphasize the fact that I want to remind myself that 'I' am 'married' instead of 'who' I married. It is a reminder to myself utk taat kepada suami (regardless of who it is, well it is Aries la kan..but that's not the point). This is more of a religious issue for me..so itu jela.

- I have so many links to blogshops because I love online shopping so much..!!! hehe..sgt suka ok? so to help myself and my readers...I put up the links..harap it helps your shopping experience.

- I find the earth tones of the new design of my blog very calming...so no more black and blue theme of yonder..!!! It is time to move on and heal...time heals all wounds they say..so I am going to let time pass and see what happens this year...

So ..... did I answer all your questions?

Hehe

No comments:

Post a Comment