Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Office Politics

Ahhaa, and so here comes the awaited post.

I need to write this down to express disgust first and foremost and to perhaps..express how puzzled I currently am when it comes to this.

I paid a visit to J*& O(&^** on Monday and I saw the division of people almost immediately...what I mean by this is...

(i)  Ada golongan 'Aku kena nampak macam rajin kerja, tulis-tulis padahal tgh lukis gambar burger'

(ii) Ada golongan 'Aku kena nampak macam baik dgn ko padahal belakang ko aku mcm cibai kutuk ko'

(iii) Ada golongan 'Aku memang malas buat kejer and aku tak kisah siapapun nampak, sebab aku ampu bos and selagi bos suka aku, buat keje pun tak payah'

(iv) Ada golongan 'Aku ni kaki mengadu and drama, bende sikit pun aku heboh mcm kiamat, bukannya apa, nak tunjuk kat bos aku ni mcm rajin and bagus'

And of course ada golongan yg betul-betul buat kerjelaa..tahniah buat anda jikalau anda begitu.

And I thought, WTF is going on? Machiavelliannye suasana kat sini...adakah semua gov. department sama?

How is it possible for you to be in a 'favoured' group atau sebaliknya?

Why is it even necessary to have a 'favoured' group in the first place?

Why is it necessary to make other people look bad to make yourself look better?

How can you survive in a workplace if you do not do (or do minimal) work but just ampu bos only?

Just because someone is different or do work differently than you, does that mean they are worse off than you or that you are better?

I mean this is really happening!

I know that this happens in the private profession as well (albeat only in rare cases)

And I noticed a common vein in all the places where this happens, ramai 'Melayu'.

Is this why? Adakah org Melayu ini bersifat pemalas dan pendengki? I mean that's what other races in Malaysia generally know us by (look at the connotations regarding the Malays in the movie Sepet) but really, really do we have to prove them right?

Do Malay bosses have a tendency to suka 'diampu' and favour one person over another?

I mean favouring one over another is perhaps, fine ..but marginalising others or those you are not fond of? Is that fair? Is that a conduct befitting of a head of an organisation?

I thought their role is to guide, teach, reprimand when you are wrong (not victimise - there is a difference here mind you) instead of going around telling everyone that 'so and so has no future in the government service, just tell him and/or her to quit'. I mean, how does that reflect on you as a head of a professional organisation..really? I do not know about you but it just sounds UN-PROFESSIONAL to me.

The reasoning deludes me. Being in private practice (where my contact with my own race is minimal), I have never faced such a situation or seen it happening. Here, we go up or down on the merits, on how hard we work, on our arguments in court and how we can cater to extreme workloads and deadlines.

Which have made me come to a conclusion, people like this would not last 5 minutes in private practice, because if you want to get by just by mengampu bos and mengutuk your colleagues and not do any work (or minimal work), you will not last very long,more likely than not it will be reflected in your billings at the end of the year.

And perhaps, your superior in private practice would at least have the sense to know who is doing work and who is not, and perhaps know that this sub-ordinate of his yang sanggup mengutuk colleague sendiri would probably mengutuk dia jugak sebenarnya.

Again, I struggle to understand it.

What irks and disgusts me the most is that some of these people who have been prima facie identified as 'kaki mengumpat' or 'mengadu' or 'mangampu' (or any combination of all those qualities) (Tuhan tarik lidah keluar sampai tercabut time akhirat nanti tahu?) are my and/or our own unimates!

BTW, what I am doing here is not mengumpat as I am saying it to your face that you are disgusting. I tak main cakap belakang ok?

P.S - Bagi unimate yng tak terasa, this post is clearly not meant for you, for those yang terasa tu, well - RES IPSA LOQUITUR.

2 comments:

  1. hahahahahahhaha
    yes, it sucks. and it sucks more to know that these low degrading being are MELAYU.
    kaum lain separuh mati compete to prove their best, kite je yg cari plan mcm2 nk jatuhkan org.
    and mind you, these ppl have degree sometimes.
    i dunno what they spent their 4-yrs in uni for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Itulah yg aku disgusted ni..Tapila kan..apsal byk org yg camni, Melayu ekk? Nape? Tak Paham

    ReplyDelete