Friday, April 4, 2014

Boycott Israel 2014 - Part 1

"There is sacredness in tears... They are the messengers of overwhelming grief, of deep contrition and of unspeakable love..." ~ Washington Irving

Hello readers,

It is Friday already. Work is crazy and being a single mom has its challenges. Am trying to juggle work and finishing everything on time to go home early (tak boleh dok lama kat opis, rindu weihhh kat anak), juggling Airiel's homework and art projects, taking care and maintaining caynie and doing pretty much everything on my own. Alhamdulillah, everything is going smoothly so far. 

Anyways, my last update on my boycott of Israeli products was sometime ago. When I went for my Gaza run in 2013. Silent I may be, but I have not forgotten about it. The boycott is still going strong. My house is now almost 100% Israel product free. I have told you guys that the best option in continuing the boycott is to usually choose local products and avoid the brands on the inminds list.

I have found a new brand of coffee.


Totally local. Pemanis Sdn Bhd. So I hope this is absolutely 100% Israel free. It goes in my coffee list hehe.

You guys must understand the BDS (Boycott, Divestment and Sanction) campaign is perhaps the one most powerful tool in the hands of the public in showing our stand on the apartheid happening in Palestine and is one campaign the Israeli government is truly afraid of.

Some news I must share with you guys:-

1. BBC recently awarded a contract (after much opposition for Palestine Support Groups) to a G4S rival (G4S is directly involved in human rights abuses in Israeli prisons);

2. Tony Benn, a legendary UK MP that has been an outspoken supporter of the BDS campaign  and the PSC passed away peacefully mid March. May he be blessed for all his efforts in supporting the Palestine cause;

3. The Royal Institute of British Architects recently approved a motion calling for the suspension of the Israeli Professional Body from the International Architects Union;

4. Authorities in Buenos Aires, Argentina in March, suspended their deal with an Israeli water company, what a BDS victory; and

5. Sani Araby and his comrades (from Malaysia) were just recently refused entry to Gaza. They were carrying a convoy of much needed food, clothing and medicine for Gaza. Sani is on FB and his updates can be followed.

These are only some updates on the BDS campaign.

For a complete list of products to boycott, go to inminds.

For updates on the BDS campaign go to PSC.

Kalah sudah tentu, tapi lawan tetap lawan. To the death.

This is for you, angel Aisha. Hope you are playing up there in heaven with little Akif.

Here's to the weekend.

Much love from me and Airiel.

Peace and love to everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment