Monday, March 31, 2014

1. Kohinoor; 2. Coffee Etc; 3. Namoo on the Park; and 4. Jibby & Co

"In the first place, you shouldn't believe in promises. The world is full them; the promises of riches, of eternal salvation, of infinite love. Some people think they can promise anything, others accept whatever seems to guarantee better days ahead, as, I suspect is your case. Those who make promises they don't keep end up powerless and frustrated, and exactly the fate awaits those who believe promises" ~ Paul Coelho

Hello readers,

It is Monday huarghhh. Busy week ahead.

As such, I have decided to have a collective foodie post. Cram everything in one post. Sorry but it would have to do.

First up, Namoo on the Park in Publika. Contemporary Korean food at its best.I have to say that I am not a fan of Korean food at all. I remember tasting the worst Kimchi ever at one Korean restaurant and swearing to myself that I won't ever pay for something so nasty ever again. But Namoo was a surprising change in so far as Korean food is concerned. I found that I actually liked the Kimchi they served. From left to right 1. Our drinks (my colleague told me the ice cubes were flavoured in peach!! such a nice touch) and my blue punch. 2. Spicy Ramen 3. My garlic rice with kimchi; and 4. The cute tissues!!

Kohinoor Part 2 - My colleague and I absolutely love this place. And we are slowly going through the menu every time we come here to order all the different dishes. From top to bottom 1. The mushroom and green peas in gravy. 2. The chicken in mint gravy. 3. The simple rice with spice. 4. My rice with a hint of saffron; and 4. Lean lamb and mince in spice. Let me tell you guys. NOT a single bad dish. NOT one. Never. This place is truly a hidden gem.

Coffee Etc - A new coffee place in Oasis Ara Damansara. I hung out here on Saturday with kindred Diyana S, the place had simple quirky decor (case on point, the hanging monkey and funny poem haha). High ceilings and lamps with copper finishings. Love the empty frames on the brick walls. There is a huge chandelier made with table lamp accents and a tree smack dab in the middle of the cafe. There are plugs at every side table so you can hang out for hours with your lappie and phone chargers in tow. I had cappuccino and kindred ordered the Americano, medium roast. I liked my cappucino. They have a food menu as well, although nothing to extravagant at the moment. Cool place to hang with friends and loved ones for coffee and a bite.



Jibby & Co., Empire Shopping Mall - Met with my Shearnies at Jibby & Co, located at the outside parking area of Empire Shopping Mall/Gallery. Located opposite CIMB Bank. Aly made it but is not pictured here. It had an interesting decor with a funky, industrial feel to it. Sue ordered the Linguini Goreng (yes, it was on the menu hehe). It is sort of Mee Goreng but linguini replaced the mee. She says it was pretty good. I was lost on what to order so I left it to the waiter to recommend me something. He said the soft shell crab burger with brioche was good so I went with that. He told me an entire soft shell crab will be used to make the burger, and man he wasn't kidding. When my dish came,I saw an entire soft shell crab with its face staring right at me sandwiched between 2 burger buns. Hahaha. The dish was good and I loved the sweet potato chips. But because the soft shell crab was super rich, I couldn't finish everything. The servings were huge. Pics from top left clockwise: 1. The cute table adornments; 2. Our drinks; 3. Sue and I; 4. My soft shell crab dish; and 5. Linguini Goreng.

Fuhhh, so relieved I managed to update this.

Okay readers.

I have to go. Work and coffee awaits.

Much love from me and Airiel

Peace and love to everyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment