Monday, October 24, 2011

Birthday dinner marathon

Aries baik hati balik awal and treated me to 2 consecutive dinners for turning 28.

Yes people, this is me at 28. Yikes!!!


First up, Bora Asmara.

Can you feel romance in the air? 

Aries fresh off his flight from JB


condiments 

I was absolutely in love with the decor, especially the lights 

my pink lemonade drink 

Aries' kelapa drink 

It was raining cats and dogs but the band was playing some good music to the patrons 

Shrimp in honey and lemon salad. I quite liked this 


Aries and his nasi goreng order. He said it was so so 

My lamb rack (which looked suspiciously like lamb chops to me hehe). I did enjoy the lamb though. Who would have thought that there were wedges underneath the lamb? Hehe 


The band finally came to our table and started singing away. Ini Aries muka control 



The band singing 'Happy Birthday' to yours truly!!!


And the next day, it was Meatworks at Citta Mall. They have an outlet in Solaris Mont Kiara. But this outlet in Citta Mall is huge!!. I was so impressed. They have a groceries area which sells the exclusive Jamie Oliver products and seasonings which I have not seen elsewhere.

Just like a meat deli in the UK (teringat nostalgia plak)


The onion soup was hearty and came with toasted bread floated on top of the soup. We both enjoyed this. 

Aries ordered the cheesecake here. To me it was not as cheesy as I would have liked it but Aries loved it as he hates overly rich desserts. We finished this one.


Our drinks. Ice lemon tea for me and Raspberry for Aries. 


This is my 200gm T-Bone which I loved. It was cooked pink and was absolutely delicious till the last bite) 

Aries rack of ribs (3 racks) which he finished. The meat was tender and basically melted in our mouths.

We absolutely loved the food at meatworks!!

Thank you Aries! 

One advantage of marriage is that, when you fall out of love with him or he falls out of love with you, it keeps you together until you fall in again.
Judith Viorst 

No comments:

Post a Comment