Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Indeed...

"It is those we live with and love and should know who 
elude us."- Norman Maclean


And I look back on how relationships in my life has changed throughout the years.
Falling out and sugar coating with 'those who cannot be named or referred to in this blog'
Meddling by other people or as the org putih would call 'fire stone' that burns bridges by default.
Drifting away and away with those who used to matter...
Being betrayed and betrayed .... and betrayed and forgiving and forgiving .... and forgiving and learning 
to trust once more...
Getting a loved one into trouble...

And I realised...

It is those who we respect the most who fall below our expectations 
It is those we trust the most who ends up betraying us
And it is those who we love the most who ends up inflicting the worst pain in our lives

The quote above is very true... for in our need to idolise, love and trust someone, we want to believe that 
they can do no wrong, that they are everything that we expect them and want them to be and over and 
above everything else, we want to believe that everything will be alright in the end...


The reverse is also true...and I have at times hurt and disappointed those who I love and respect the most...

The truth is often not what we perceive it to be...but at times like this, I would read another quote to 
make sense of it all...


“The world is not respectable; it is mortal, tormented, confused, deluded forever; but it is shot through with beauty, with love, with glints of courage and laughter; and in these, the spirit blooms timidly, and struggles to the light amid the thorns.” - George Santayana


Things happen for a reason and every laughter, tear shed, heart broken, bridge burned has made me 
who I am today. I may not be whole... but I am complete.

Terima Kasih Allah atas segalanya...
  

No comments:

Post a Comment