Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Never Take Things for Granted

Aries says I am paranoid...

I get scared when he does not pick up the phone or do not reply my smses, sometimes panicking and getting scared.

Same goes with Nenda, Bonda and Atuk.

I will always be the first to apologise when I have a fight or misunderstanding with Aries and familia.

I always pick up phone calls from Aries and familia no matter where I am or how busy I am. If  I am in Court, I will get out and answer the phone. If I am in Court and can't step out to take the call, I will sms and ask them what's up.

I think the little things in life are what matters most to me. Taking time out for the people you love is what is really important.

I remember an event which happened when I was 7 years old. I had a fight with Maksu after our fruit picking session in the UK. I (or rather we) refused to talk to each other and did not want to sit next to each other. I sat next to Bonda instead. 20 minutes later, the accident which changed our lives happened. I never heard her speak again (Maksu can no longer speak due to her accident). Not a day goes by in which I do not think about how stupid I was... and not a day goes by in which I do not regret having that fight with her.

I promised myself from that moment on to cherish all the times I have with the ones I love. You think bad things will never happen to you or to the ones you love.... but they do. I have lived through that nightmare and have experienced the burden of regret which no one can shoulder with me.

And so... I fuss about the details. I stress the importance of talking (and by that I mean having a meaningful conversation) with Aries and my familia every day. So what if I think I was not wrong in a fight with my loved ones? I apologize first anyway... I think that doing so is a sign of strength... and not weakness...

I do what I do only out of love and the fear of being left with a memory that I wish I could change...

So readers, if you had a fight with your loved ones, pick up the phone right now and apologise, for you might not have another chance to do it... tell your loved ones you love them, for that might be the last time they hear it...  and live life today to the fullest, for you may not have tomorrow to live it...

No comments:

Post a Comment