Monday, March 22, 2010

Weekend food ..

As you guys can probably tell from now..me and Aries loves going in search of new food every weekend..

We went to One Utama on Saturday. I tell you, I have not been to One Utama for a while.. and when I went there with Aries last weekend, I remember why.

First of all, the place is too big. and then the shops are simply everywhere. There is no proper order or categorization at all. Wouldn't it be nice if all the food outlets were put into one area? And then the furnishings, and then baby stuff, and the sport stuff, and then the hypermarkets..and then the department stores and then shoe shops..and stuff.

Katalah kalau kita nak beli kasut tp kita jenis suka survey,,nak round sume kedai kasut baru decide nak beli mana satu..you can never do that in OU sebab..kedai kasut bersepah sepah..susah nak cari from one to the next...sheeshh ...malas la nak pergi situ for another couple of years..(yes I actually do mean the 'couple' of years part).

Anyways, complaints aside, me and Aries tried out some peranakan food for lunch. It was at a restaurant called the "Peranakan Place". I wish I could tell you where it is..but we got lost..so I can't really. Anyways..food pics below:-


This is the dried shrimp sambal (appetizer) - delicious!!


The fish fillet masak lemak peranakan style - I don't eat fish but loved the gravy. Thick and flavourful!!


Our drinks, I had a coke because I knew fruit juices would not go well with the taste-heavy food. But Aries dgn beraninya order some lemongrass soda (eeekkk!)


Aries' favourite dish - Some assam prawn (its sorta masam manis)


My fav dish - cencalok omellete (the taste of cencalok was subtle and not overpowering)


Kangkung belacan (it was ok)

We bought some DVD's and ended up watching:-

(i) Merantau (it was ok);
(ii) The Treasure Hunter (Aries said it was crap, I sorta defended the movie but secretly agreed); and
(iii) Ninja Assassin (Rain was super duper hot- yum yum)

Celebrated Aries birthday the next - just small nucleus family gathering with simple food. No pics.. hehe

Until the next update!!

P.S Masniey - hope the dentist thing went ok (I feel your pain dude..)

2 comments:

  1. Hehe...thanks..
    not as painful as I imagine, but still, nak bersin pun rasa macam malu-malu kucing lagi..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha..aku paling takut gi dentistla...huh

    ReplyDelete