Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Oh Dear..whose feathers have I ruffled now..?

Ouchh...!!!

Looks like my post about Aries touched a nerve guys... look at the comment to my saujana buffet post further down... Siap kata 'jgnlah cemar reputasi sendiri'. Amboi....memang nak kena tapak kaki kasut aku la kan.

Haha..*grins in glee*

Too bad I am quite the computer whiz...too bad I can trace the so-called 'anonymous' IP address and know exactly who made that comment...

So what say you?

What say me?

Nothing *sound of crickets chirping malam-malam*

Even though I know who he/she is, I shall only address the issues raised by him/her in a general manner because I think he/she missed the point of that particular post.

If he/she knew the 'law' which I shall presume that he/she does because I know exactly who he/she is..he/she would know that:-

(a) As a matter of law, the contents of my post falls far short of the ingredients of
defamation;

(b) They were potentially figments of my overactive imagination which I have said in my
disclaimer; and

(c) Is there not a possibility that there may be proof to back up whatever that is said in
there? Does the word 'justification' in the law of defamation sound familiar?

I would also like to say that we are ok with what happened.. we are at peace for forgiving whoever was involved. He/she have sorely mistaken the purpose for which that post was written. That post I wrote was not to defend Aries. Yes, he is my husband and I love him with all my heart, despite his faults and all but I am actually his worst critic.

That post was written to express my disgust at what happened and by chance it happened to Aries. Honestly, I would have written the same post if I was privy to the facts even if it happened to a complete stranger (and I know for a fact it is happening to a few other people there as we speak).

Victimisation at the workplace is now rampant. There is a fine line between being 'difficult' and being 'mean'. It is a painful thing to watch and even more painful to experience as I was a victim myself. It destroys the sense of value of the victim, it degrades them, destroys their self-esteem, destroys their sense of self and their abilities to perform at the workplace. Many victims tend to become the purportrators themselves later in their career if they survived and the vicious cycle continues. Those who do not mentally survive the victimisation are scarred for life and would not be able to work in the same line anymore. I have seen this happen before my very eyes. This should not happen. It is wrong and any incidences that do happen should be brought out in the open, and the culprits be stopped so that they would not do it to anyone else. The culprits also need psychological help with anger, low self-esteem and a domineering, overpowering need to be in control to overcompensate for their shortcomings. They need help and people need to know.

I need to tell my readers that these things do happen. I owe it to my readers to say that if you are in this kind of situation, you walk away before it completely destroys you. I owe it to my readers to say that I was a victim, Aries was a victim and we walked away and stopped it before it got any further and we are ok.

I need to remind myself never to treat anyone in this manner. Aries needs to be reminded that he is never to treat anyone this way.

That is why that post was written, because it was a story that needed to be told. A reminder that should never be forgotten...

Whilst he/she might think that my reputation may be on the line because of my posts, I have no qualms about saying what I think needs to be said out in the open. If there is one thing I want to be known for, it is that I am honest (*owwh and that I do not kiss ass to be in my boss' good books, I do my job instead*). If I have offended he/she by that post or any other posts here, I am truly sorry but it needed to be said.

I shall not comment on he/she accusations of 'ethics'. I for one, know for a fact that when you point one finger at someone, there are another 4 fingers pointing right back at yourself, if you get my drift.

Like my mate masniey would say, the word that I feel like using right now is 'jubilation' when that someone(s) or something(s) no longer has that same distressing effect on you anymore...they no longer 'matter'. Masniey dude - I know exactly how you feel and it is great!!!

Sigh..I hope this ends it but I get a funny feeling that it won't.

Damn..we will see I suppose

4 comments:

  1. totally! a great feeling indeed..

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, best rupenye berhenti membenci seseorang atau sesuatu itu..kan? Ehh,,aku ada open house ni 2 haribulan 10...dtg makan dan sembang sembang kosong nak?

    ReplyDelete
  3. would love to! tapi rasanya ada kelas. what time?

    ReplyDelete
  4. lunch onwards..maybe kul 10 dah start sampai petang skit la...

    ReplyDelete