Monday, September 6, 2010

Crunch Mode

Tomorrow is my last day before I go on leave for Raya ..

Going off to Mars this year..well jarangpun balik Perak these days. My parents pun duduk KL je.. and I stay with them..and balik Kelantan pun brape kali jer setahun, so most major perayaan, lama kat in-laws.

Not that I am complaining... I actually like my in-laws, not judgmental, knows that I am a working mom and is as tired (if not more) than Aries sebab kerja and jaga anak lagi...so tak pester me memeruk ke dapur aje..kalau balik kampung sendiri...byk isu tau, malas nak criter...kalau sampai my wedding pon my Perak family punya side kecoh (most of them but not all) ada hati nak suruh family kami asingkan guests lelaki perempuan time my wedding (aper kes ni?) and tak bagi main mainstream music (nasyid only k? tak kisahla tu, tapi takleh campur skali ker? Ish..) then go figure la kan...

Statement paling tak boleh tahan. Them saying to my parents 'your daughters are WESTERNISED' . For those who know me la kan...am I really? Honestly do they know what is the meaning of the word? Itulah yg malas tu.. gila malas nak bertandang ke sana dan tgk org-org yang kononnya sangat EASTERNISED la kan... hahaha

Apa agaknye reasoning? Well maybe:-

(a) I speak English fluently, but c'mon how can that be a reason? I speak Arabic as well laaa!;

(b) I spent most of my childhood in UK where mum was studying and working at the time (so what?, this does not mean anything at all);

(c) I speak my mind. Now this was what my uncles said to my parents. Me and my siblings are too 'vocal' in voicing our opinions. I do not think being confident in your thoughts, views and beliefs are 'western' principles. In fact, it was my parents who instilled me these values and who taught me to be independent, strong and to always stand up for what you believe in; and

(d) Dressing? Now this cannot be the reason at all. 100% of my office attire consist of baju kurung. I wear and do so proudly, a headscarf;

So I am lost on this .. but anyways..because of this 'misunderstanding' as they would term it or what I would call 'shallow mindedness', we have not spoken to each other since my wedding kot....sad but true..so Aries does not really recognise any of my side's relatives (I am referring to my father's side). Sigh...

Ish..dah lari topik..but anyways..I am frantically trying finish off work before the leave. I have got one major piece of work done tapi bertimbun lagi ni yg lain... Lepas raya no cuti..tentatively ada trial right lepas raya i.e. 13 haribulan which should go on for a week.. and another one right after that from 20th onwards...get the picture? Penatlaaaaa....thank God I love my job. So Alhamdulillah in that sense.

Alhamdulillah murah rezeki Aries sejak practise ni...so kami tgh tersenyum happie ni...

Lalalalalala....

This may be my last post before Raya so I would like to say:-

"Salam Aidilfitri buat semua, ampun zahir dan batin ingin dipinta..."

No comments:

Post a Comment