Monday, August 23, 2010

Blogshops that turn me off

I have been asked by a few blogshops to state from a customer's point of view, what sort of things would make a customer be less inclined to buy items on a particular blog.

They have asked me to make a comprehensive listing which covers layout, pics and whatever else I would like to put in.

As requested, I have not disclosed the blogshops who have asked me to do this.

I am not getting paid for this, as I do this because it is a passion of mine. But the blogshops owners, being nice have decided to give me discounts on items in their shop for this post. Thanks guys.

Disclaimer: - The views contained herein are my personal views and are not affliated with any parties (including but not limited to the blogshops who have asked me to do this post).

Turn Off No.1


I follow thousands of blogshops selling numerous items. It would be impossible for me to remember all the blogshops I have seen. To keep track of all the blogshops, I use GoogleReader which shows me when a particular blog is updated and what the goods are. So it is the first thing I look for when I come across a particular blogshop is the "Follower" column. If you don't have that column. I look at the utmost top of your page to see if there is a "Follow" tab. Alas, some blogs have neither. When this happens, I just look at the blogshop and move on. It is likely I would never come across the blogshop again. Poofff, bye-bye blogshop.

Turn Off No.2

This may come down to the individual customer, but I like a layout of a blogshop to be simple. No clutter. If a blogshop has to many things to look at (advertisements in picture form, glitter..e.t.c that goes on forever) I end up distracted and most likely, annoyed.

Turn Off No. 3

 I don't know about you but I hate it when a particular blogshops have automatic musical settings. Please do not impose your musical taste on other people ok? Because usually when I surf the net, I would already be listening to music of my own, so when a piece of music which I do not care for comes out blaring into my poor ears (on top of the music I am already hearing mind you), you cannot really blame me if I get a little grumpy.

Turn Off No. 4

Pictures of your items are the most important part of your blogshop, so please put some effort in taking them. If you sell clothes, please do not put up pics of wrinkly clothes that were not ironed. If the items you sell looks unappealing, chances are no one is going to buy them.

Turn Off No. 5

I generally do not favour shops who do not allow for reservations and openly state their blacklisted buyers. I find it rude and I would not want to buy anything from someone rude, would I? Regardless of how fussy a customer is or what a customer has done, I would have thought that the phrase 'The customer is always right" would apply. In so far as reservations are concerned, you could always put a time frame as to how long a reservation is allowed and release it to the next waiting customer if that deadline has been reached. As for openly stating blacklisted buyers, I mean why must there be a need to embarrass any of your customers? Sharing between owners is fine but telling the whole world is just mean. There are exceptions to this of course but those exceptions are very rare. (There have been cases of reknowned con-customers out there who bail - go to see horror stories on Slap Me Why Don't You)

Turn Off No. 6

I always pay promptly for my goods, so I absolutely hate it when a seller delays the delivery of my parcels. I have had situations where I wait 2 weeks for a parcel and it was only sent after I asked about the status of my parcel 2 weeks after paying. And she did not even apologise!! Jeez... If you do no act professionally in running your business, your customers are going to run away, ok? What do you expect? Jeez

And well, that's it for me.

I am generally not a fussy buyer. But there are blogshops out there which I would never buy from again. That is what I would do. I would not complain, but if your services are lacking you would lose me as a customer.

That is the bottom line.

Thank you for reading.

3 comments:

  1. i once bought some baby stuff from an online shop, an upon emailing the owner informing her i've made payment, she called me within 5 minutes and confirmed she received the email and will ship the stuff before 2pm the same day and ta-da...esok tu aku terus dpt parcel. efficient, no less.

    as a buyer, i appreciate greatly little things the owners are willing to undertake. things like calling me up if there's delay, giving discounts if the packaging was dented, or at the very least reply laa email aku kalo ada delay in delivery. it wont make them sweat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i totally agreed with u. sometimes ada seller yang perasan very the diva until tak jaga their customers. Lagi satu saya benci seller tak reti reply back my thanks..

    last year i bought a bag from this blog and very disappointed with her service even the leather bag i got habis tertanggal colour.

    http://watchshoppe.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete