Sunday, December 28, 2014

A Nation Tested...

"Your heart is like a great river after a long spell of rain, spilling over its banks. All signposts that once stood on the ground are gone, inundated and carried away by that rush of water. And still the rain beats down on the surface of the river. Everytime you see a flood like that on the news you tell yourself; That's it. That's my heart..." ~ Haruki Murakami

Readers,

It has been a time of trials and tribulations for anything and everything Malaysia this year.

My heart bleeds for those affected by the floods in Pantai Timur, Perak, Kedah.

After volunteering at a centre I am taking a break because I need to take care of Airiel.

But I wish I could do more. I wish I had tonnes of money at my disposal to help those who cannot help themselves.  Alas I do not.

I wish for endless energy to help pack, unpack and rearrange stuff into boxes. I don't have that either.

But for those who do want to help, I list down places and organisations that are helping out. Don't be shy in going and helping out, they need every pair of hands to help. They will welcome you.

Don't be afraid to spare with some of your hard earned cash and bonuses. Just close your eyes and put yourself in their shoes. It is simply unimaginable.

I list those that I know off here:-

1. Groupon has a voucher you can buy where 100% of it goes to the Malaysian Red Crescent Society. Lowest sum is RM10. Highest is RM100. Link is here;

2. Muslim Care. Its collection centre is in Shah Alam. Seksyen 8

3. IM4U. Drop by their centre in Bukit Kiara that is open 24 hours with goods. Or help in packing and labeling.

4. UITM's Misi Ops Banjir.


5. 3 NGO's have combined in getting relief efforts moving. Drop by with your goods at pintu masuk Matrade where the Vendeur Festival is going on right now.



6. This is an effort by Free Market for Pantai Timur. Drop by with your goods at Harley's Malaysia in TTDI.


7. Aman Palestin.They are targeting to collect 1 mil by 15 Jan 2015.

8. Even Milkadeal has set up an emergency flood relief appeal centre. You can contact them at this address:-

MilkADeal.com
22-3 (2nd Floor), Jalan PJU 8/5G
Damansara Perdana
47820 Petaling Jaya
Selangor
T: +603 7733 4733
(We are located directly behind Public Mutual, above Mutiara D'Maju mamak on the 2nd floor)


There are more organisations, but the above is what I can list down for now.

And below is not a donation request. A friend on FB uploaded this and I think it is extremely useful. So below a  list of a basic emergency kit everyone should have at home.



Just today, another plane went missing. This time its AirAsia:-




We are, a nation tested. Let us show the rest of the world that we band together and rise in times of calamity. That we shall stand hand in hand in facing the difficulties that are upon us. 

Let us show the rest of the world what we are made of. 

Courage my fellow Malaysians, courage.

And last but not least, a prayer for all of us to recite:-


Much  love from Airiel and I.

Peace and love to everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment