Monday, September 30, 2013

Running...

Hi readers,

We are all running from something, don't you agree?

I completed my first marathon this Sunday. Alhamdulillah.

People look at my small frame and say to me, 'Can you do it?'. I have never been a runner. Heck, for a long while, the only time I would sweat is when I went for saunas, hahaha. I am not exactly a fit person. For a while I was so discouraged. But I woke up one day realising, how many times have life beat me down and I have picked myself up?

The Runatics y'all - 21 km Alhamdulillah

Airiel so proud of mama...

If I can do this, I can do anything!! And yes, I have a lot of plans on what to do next. 

Running I find is very calming, you zone out everything else and just concentrate on your pace and the music that you hear.

But while I ran, one thing was constant in my mind. My kids.

Airiel, Akif. Mama ran because of you. Thank you for being present in Mama's life.

You are Mama's strength.

Remember readers, you can do ANYTHING you want in this life. Don't let anybody tell you otherwise. You can also SURVIVE anything. I have. I have survived everything a wife, a woman and a mother should never go through, all before the age of 30.

Be strong, be inspired. Be BRAVE. Have a good week ahead readers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment