Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Hammam Spa, Publika

"May you get exactly what you want, and live long enough to regret it" ~ Sherrilyn Kenyon


Hi readers,

I now make a point to pamper myself every 2 or 3 weeks. Drop everything, work and all and just make a point to pamper myself because health is very important. I learnt that while you may bend over backwards for people around you, they will not necessarily do the same when you need them to. So over anything else, you need to take care of yourself, because in the end the only person you can rely on is yourself. I thank God, I have the best and most supportive family ever. Nenda, Atok, Bonda, Maksu and Airiel have been a solid and stable support system for me.

Anyways, back to pampering oneself. I bought a cheap package that was on offer when Hammam Spa was just about to open in Publika. The 'Emperor's Concubine' Package. It comes in sets of 3 treatments per package. The treatment was just about 2 hours and 30 mins. I brought Bonda along just before raya.

The package consists of the Hammam & Gommage followed by a massage with aromatic oils of your choice.

The Hammam & Gommage which is unique to Hammam Spa, is something completely out of this world. Let me warn you if you are shy about your body, then this treatment is going to give you heart palpitations, because they strip you BARE and SCRUB you clean EVERYWHERE (and I mean everywhere). But I LOVED it. My 'scrubber' was this Turkish woman by the name of Nadya. The only conversation we had was her asking 'Pain?' or 'No pain?' as she was scrubbing me clean.

What shocked me was the amount of dead skin that actually came of my body. It was promptly collected into a metal bucket, shown to me and then thrown away. A type of soap was applied to my body afterwards, and you are also given a hairwash as well.

I had a 70 min massage afterwards which was not that impressive to me as it didn't really leave a lasting impression but maybe its just my personal preference. Bonda said it was a good massage for her.

I would definitely sign up for their Hammam & Gommage packages after this. It is such a wonderful experience.

You can look up Hammam Spa at their facebook page here.

No pictures in this post as I was not allowed to take photos.

Have a great week ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment