Monday, February 25, 2013

Boycotting Israeli Products - Chilli Sauce



“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.” 


Hey everyone, is it Monday already?

My thoughts these days usually drift to Akif, and sometimes to Aisha as well. I realised there has been a lot deaths that I have had to deal with in 2012 and 2013. I comfort myself by saying that they are both in a better place, recite Al-Fatihah for them and go on my way.

I have not forgotten the promise I made to Aisha and to myself about doing what I can for the people of Palestine. My family have steadfastly held on to the boycott, Alhamdulillah. It has become second nature to pick alternative products these days.

I do plan to adopt another child in Palestine, although the prospect of them dying and causing me grief sends shivers down my spine when I think of it.

We have found alternatives for chilli and tomato sauce and our fast faves these days are:-








The trick is to look and buy local products, which more often than not, taste better than the ones produced by the conglomerates that supports Israel, if you know what I mean. Now, don't expect me to mention any names now, lest I be sued for defamation in this litigious society.

Alright, have a good week ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment