Friday, November 30, 2012

Welcome to the world, STATE of Palestine...

My dearest daughter watching me from the heavens,

I wish you could have witnessed such a historical day. On 29th November 2012, your beloved land, the one you refused to leave, the one you sacrificed your very life for was acknowledged as a state by the United Nations.

Did we not have an e-mail chat just months ago about the role of the UN and what they could have done to set your land free? 138 member countries of the UN voted in favour of recognising your land my daughter. My country, Malaysia which I maintain to this day has the best beaches (although you say yours are the most beautiful) in the world included.

I wish you could have been there in Gaza to witness today, celebrating in the streets, drinking the best tea in the world which your father would make every Friday as a treat as you would tell me.

I wish we could have celebrated this together.

I wish you were still alive.

I miss you so very very much.


From the river to the sea, Palestine will be free!

Love you always,
Ummi Idza

No comments:

Post a Comment