Tuesday, April 19, 2011

There is no place like home

Penang

Like I said in my previous post, I took some time off to spend time with the familia. It was a Penang - Langkawi trip. To make the experience authentic we went to crossed over to Penang on thursday on a ferry. What a classic! The last time I went to Penang was when I was in high school and boy how things have changed now. Airiel enjoyed the trip on the ferry.

And when we arrived, we checked into the Gurney Hotel. We opted for the 2 room suite which has 2 bedrooms, a living room, 2 bathrooms, a kitchen and a dining area...it was huge!! so did nenda and atuk and maksu and bonda had a studio room all to herself. The rooms were nice and I must say the service is top notch, I have never met such friendly bell boys and a reception. I would definitely stay here again.

After resting for a bit, we went to have some nasi kandar, and we ate at Nasi Kandar Subaidah I think. Food was ok, but I am not really a mamak food fan (apart from maggi sup) so I really would not know how to appreciate it. Atuk really liked it though. We stopped by the Toy Museum but did not stay long sbb Airiel takut. In the end, Mama Airiel yang tangkap gambo...hehehe.

We then went for a drive all around the island, went to the tourist side where all the hip and happening people (or so they call themselves hehe) would stay. Aries was not a fan of the Penang roads and drivers and did not like Penang much I think. He would have a mini heart attack every 5 minutes when a car would scare the fish out of him, hahaha and I thought living in JB would make him used to these kind of drivers. We had some quality time with the familia at night.


Langkawi


Anyways, the next day we went to langkawi, on a boat no less...hehe. We wanted an authentic experience so to speak. But I tell you it was not easy feat. With a handicap and a toddler, it was quite an experience.

We spent Friday, Saturday and Sunday morning in Langkawi before jetting off back home. Jalan jalan and burned a lot of RM on so many things:-

  • 2 Ipanemas;
  • 1 mini ipanema for Airiel;
  • 1 canon legria newest version camcorder;
  • Aries' new rayban sunnies;
  • 2 pairs of jeans for me;
  • 1 pair of jeans and dockers for aries;
  • lots of clothes; and
  • lots of chocolates.
Hehe, verdict? pokailah jawabnya. Pics are up in fb, not here because kat fb, setengah org yang harpnye niat baik je bleh tgk. Tak mahulah org tak relevan tgk kat sini. karang dengki plak krang. hehe.

Have a good week people!. Gonna be a hectic one for me for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment