Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Let's Get Lost - Part 2 (2014) - Terengganu


"Maybe you had to leave in order to really miss a place; maybe you had to travel to figure out how beloved your starting point was" ~ Jodi Picoult

Hey readers,

So many emails asking me where I went for the long weekend. Krabi? Koh Samui? Maldives? Haha.

I went somewhere closer to home. I went to Terengganu!!


The view of the beach at the resort I was staying in

I stayed at the Suria Merang Resort. The deal was on groupon. It was RM234 for a 3 days and 2 nights stay. So my friend bought the groupon and off we went!!. Now, Suria Merang Resort has seen better days. The room was acceptable but pretty basic. But I loved the friendly staff and the surroundings. That was priceless I'd say.


What is a trip to Terengganu without a trip to Pasar Payang? The batiks here are beautiful and so much cheaper than price kat KL. I bought a bunch hehe.



The infamous Restoran Mat Binjai in Kuala Terengganu. Apparently all the bloggers say I need to try the food here. It serves predominantly Minang style food and whats awesome about this place is that when you go in you just sit down and order drinks. The waiters will then serve you the plates of lauk. You will only be charged for what you actually eat. The budu was awesome!!



The last day we were here we went to Premier Deluxe Seafood restaurant that was a bit upscale. This was a set for 2 pax at RM58. Came with air sirap. We were so full from snacks earlier we just couldn't finish this. Huhu, membazir. Food is just not high on my hierarchy of things these days readers. Sorry.



Diyana and I then tried the Taman Tamadun Islam River Cruise.  It was a 45 minute cruise with a tour guide. They took us to all the beautiful spots like Masjid Kristal, and some of the beautiful islands around the river. It was really awesome.

 Round up of my trip in pictures. Terengganu is a beautiful place indeed.


Oh by the way friends, I am no longer on Facebook. I have deleted it permanently. Find me on Instagram or Wechat ok? That's where most of my updates are.

Cannot wait for my next planned trip soon! Stay tuned guys!!

Have a good rest of the week.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment