Sunday, December 4, 2011

We are 4..




Pejam celik, it has been 4 years since Aries held my father's hand and said 'Aku terima nikahnya....'

Things have not been easy since that day... but things that come easy for you are less memorable are they not? A favourite quote of mine on love was one that was by Louis De Bernieres, and it reflects what I have been through in so far as this institution is concerned:-


"Love is a temporary madness. It erupts like an earthquake and then subsides. And when it subsides you have to make a decision. You have to work out whether your roots have become so entwined together that it is inconceivable that you should ever part. Because this is what love is. Love is not breathlessness, it is not excitement, it is not the promulgation of promises of eternal passion. That is just being "in love" which any of us can convince ourselves we are.

Love itself is what is left over when being in love has burned away, and this is both an art and a fortunate accident. You and I have it, we had roots that grew towards each other underground, and when all the pretty blossom had fallen from our branches we found that we were one tree and not two."


There were times when I knew Aries was not 'in love' with me, and there were times when he knew I was not either and was ready to walk away. But we are, 4 years later still here...together

I do not know what the future holds for us...but I hope we can still be to each other what we were when we met 7 years ago...and so much more for the rest of our lives..

He was and still is...My Only Hope..

Biarlah cinta ini sampai syurga...Amin

No comments:

Post a Comment