Sunday, December 29, 2013

Symbols

"And you really will have to make it through that violent, metaphysical, symbolic storm. No matter how metaphysical or symbolic it might be, make no mistake about it; it will cut through flesh like a thousand razor blades. People will bleed there, and you will bleed too. Hot, red blood. You'll catch that blood in your hands, your own blood and the blood of other. And once the storm is over, you won't remember how you made it through, how you managed to survive. You won't even be sure, in fact, whether the storm is really over. But one thing is certain. When you come out of the storm you won't be the same person who walked in..." ~ Haruki Murakami

This year instead of getting the usual handbags that I usually buy, I decided to get something else.
2013 has been a rough year to say the least for me...and somehow I managed to survive it. So I decided to get something to symbolize what matters most in my life.

I decided to get a charm bracelet and so far these are the charms that I have managed to buy:-

This symbolizes me and Airiel and the bond we share. He is my best friend, my son, my companion and the salve to my wounds. He is...my heart and soul


This symbolizes family and the love I have for them. My family has been with me through thick and thin and through all the ups and downs I have been through and I am reminded of how they will always be there for me no matter what when I see this. 

And this charm signifies the most important moment in my life. The moment I became a mother to Airiel and the late Akif. 

I am still looking for the perfect charm to symbolise Akif. And will share it with you readers once I have found them.

I will never take this bracelet off...

No comments:

Post a Comment