Tuesday, June 18, 2013

An Ugly Pair of Shoes

I am wearing a pair of shoes
They are ugly shoes
Uncomfortable shoes
I hate my shoes

Each day I wear them
And each day I wish I had another pair
Sometimes my shoes hurt so bad
That I do not think I can take another step

Yet I continue to wear them
I get funny looks wearing these shoes
They are looks of sympathy
I can tell in the eyes of others that they are glad these are my shoes and not theirs

They never talk about my shoes
To learn about how awful my shoes are might make them uncomfortable
To truly understand these shoes you must walk in them

But once you put them on
You can never take them off
I now realise that I am not the only one who wears these shoes
There are many pairs in the world

Some women are like me and ache daily as they try and walk in them
Some have learned how to walk in them so they don't hurt quite as much
Some have worn the shoes so long that days will go by before they think of how much they hurt
No woman deserves to wear these shoes

Yet because of these shoes I am a stronger woman
These shoes have given me the strength to face anything
They have made me who I am
I will forever walk in the shoes of a woman who has lost a child...

P.S - This poem was taken of the wall of my hydrops support group. I have no idea who wrote it. I do not own any rights to the above

No comments:

Post a Comment