Thursday, April 15, 2010

My sister's keeper

I am upset and angry..

2 days back, I saw a so 'called' friend on FB make a derogatory comment about a disabled person trying to sell him a pen. The disabled person apparently perli him when he did not want to buy the pen. And he referred to the disabled person as 'org cacat yang kerek'.

When I read it...my blood boiled..I actually posted a comment that said" jgnla cakap macamtu, nanti ko cacat baru ko tahu'. He deleted the comment. I deleted him from my friends list. He is a DPP.

I find it totally unacceptable for a person to make these kinds of comments. Tryla bila kau diuji Tuhan dengan kekurangan anggota, terpaksa menjaja menjual pen dalam keadaan panas terik, lepastu org dgn suka hati tak mahu beli. Tidakkah anda akan merasa stress? Kalau setakat pen itu RM5 atau RM10, takkan tidak boleh bersedekah dgn membeli? Bukankah Tuhan sudah menjanjikan ganjaran 10 kali ganda atas apa yang anda sedekahkan dengan seikhlas hati?

Kalaupun tak mahu beli, kalaupun terasa dengan perlian org yang kurang upaya itu, perlukah menulis komen sebegitu di FB? Perlukah menghina org yang kurang upaya kerana dia cuba mencari rezeki dengan menjual pen? Bagaimana pula jika Tuhan menguji anda dan satu hari anda kehilangan anggota dan terpaksa menjual pen pula? What then?

Why am I so angry and upset over this? Because my youngest sister IS DISABLED. She has been since she was 8 years old. She does not want to be the way she is and sometimes she lashes out ... but I realised that if I was in her position, I would probably be as bitter as she is and I accept her tantrums and let it go.

I suppose unless you are a disabled person yourself or have someone disabled in your family, you wouldn't be sensitive to these kinds of issues. But still, it is no excuse to be disrespectful to another human being, regardless of whether you think you lebih 'sempurna' dari org itu.

To that person, I think you should be ashamed..but I know you are not. Berhati-hatilah dengan apa yang anda katakan, jgn bongkak dan takabbur, kelak nanti Tuhan akan menguji anda pula.

I am my sister's keeper.

3 comments:

  1. all my life i have been surrounded with disabled ppl-cousins particularly. and now my father is an OKU. so yeah i understand how it feels like to have some idiots out there being so insensitive. they are just plain dumb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am : Sometimes you feel like you just can't take the attitude of people thinking its ok. Its not and I won't tolerate it.

    Ida: I was so offended, menyampah sungguh insan sebegini

    ReplyDelete