Monday, March 20, 2017

Happy Birthday Kid

"Children are people, and they should have to reach to learn about things, to understand things, just as adults have to reach if they want to grow in mental stature. Life is composed of light and shadows, and we would be untruthful, insincere and  saccharine if we tried to pretend there were no shadows. Most things are good, and they are the strongest things; but there are evil things too, and you are not doing a child a favour by trying to shield him from reality. The most important thing is to teach a child that good can always triumph over evil..." ~ Walt Disney 



In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Almighty, the Most Merciful.


Happy Birthday Son. You are 8 today.

I have to tell you this in the hopes that one day maybe you'll come across this blog and read it. Perhaps then you will realise how much you mean to me.

Your brother died, My world was empty. My relationship with your dad was in shambles. After we went our separate ways, there were days when I thought I would not be able to make it. That I was done with this harsh, cruel place. 

But you, you never gave up on me. You forced me to live, every single day. You made me laugh, you wiped my tears away. You were always there. And bit by bit, over time, I realised that I was happy. Happy things turned out the way they did. You always thought the world of me, and I would think to myself, if this kid thinks I am awesome, than perhaps I am worth something.

I want to tell you how instrumental you were in me getting to this stage in my life. The acceptance, the happiness, the peace, the calm. New beginnings. How I am happy with co-parenting with your dad now. How I am happy to be where I am at in my career. How I am happy with our new life. Happy, blissfully happy. Things truly do happen the way they are supposed to happen.

It's been a hell of a journey these few years kid. I am looking forward to many many more.

I love you very much. Never forget that. 

Thank you.

With Love,
Mama. 

No comments:

Post a Comment