Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Weekie 2016 - Geno Hotel

"One day, I am going to write a travel guide containing only maps and addresses of hotels, and with the rest of the pages blank. That way, people will have to make their own itinerary, to discover themselves restaurants, monuments and all the magnificent things that every city has, but which are never mentioned because 'the history that we have been taught' does not include them in the list of things you must see..." ~ Paul Coelho

In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Most Merciful.

Hello readers.

Time for a weekie update.
There have been a lot of things going on at work and at home, rendering an update almost impossible to write.

It is the 59th anniversary of Merdeka in Malaysia today and in between finishing some work, I am finding time to squeeze this in. Just last week the familia, sans Airiel's Nenda and Atok decided to go for a quick weekie getaway since Airiel's Bonda and Nenda had to cancel  their South Africa trip as the health of a close family member was failing. 

This time we went to a relatively new hotel in the Shah Alam area, Geno Hotel.

Pics below.







The lobby was gorgeous. Huge and spacious with metres long chandeliers. Have not seen that in a while. Airiel was admiring all these gold statues. Haha I think the last bottom one is swinging a golf club.

There was ample parking as well.







Views of the room and bathroom. I love the quirky standing light. TV was embedded into a feature wall and had games inside it so Airiel was happy. Everything was squeaky clean.







The pool, gym and sauna were located on the 4th floor.  The pool setup was simple and was super clean. It was practically empty so Airiel had the pool all to himself. It was a windy day so the water felt a bit cold I think. The gym was located beside the pool and had some nice equipment.




I was too lazy to venture out to find food so ate ala carte at the hotel restaurant named Taste. I was so pleasantly surprised to see the prices of the ala carte food here!. It was believe it or not, cheaper than what a meal would cost in Publika. I would highly recommend the Aglio Oglio seafood pasta, the prawn bisque, the kids meals. I ordered food for 4 pax (2 adults and 2 kids, because my uncle and her daughter dropped by for dinner) and total was about RM80 ish. Awesome and the food was good!.



The views from my room were pretty awesome.

 'Some person with oversized shoulder pads'  said Airiel


'Fat blob of gold poop' said Airiel. Hahahaha

I would highly recommend this hotel for quick weekend getaways. No complaints and was pleasantly surprised by everything. The staff was very friendly and helpful as well.

I made my booking via booking.com and my review of the hotel is in there somewhere. The link to the hotel is here.

Alright readers.

Until the next update, much love from Airiel and I. 

Peace and love to everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment